Last Updated on
Do you frequently travel and face the threat of winter weather? If yes, then you likely have found yourself in a situation where having a shovel in your vehicle came in handy.
Whether you travel in your car or truck during snowstorms for work, family, or other reasons, safety needs to be your number one concern.
Some examples of items you may want to keep in your car are:
- Ice scraper and snow brush
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Tire chains and a tow rope
- Winter boots and hand warmers
- Foldable Snow shovel
But have you ever considered keeping a snowblower in your car?
At first blush, that seems kind of ridiculous, doesn’t it?
When you think about big and bulky gasoline-powered snow blowers, then yes it is kind of ridiculous!
However, with modern battery technology, you can keep a cordless snow blower right in your car or truck! More specifically cordless snow shovels are compact machines that use rechargeable batteries and can move large amounts of snow real fast. They are even small enough to keep right in your vehicle for those times you need to venture out in the threat of snow.
Our Top Pick for a Snowblower for your Car or Truck
- VERSATILE: Quick, easy and CORD-FREE snow pickups on decks, steps, patios and sidewalks
- Ion+ 24-volt Battery system compatible: Includes 24V ion+ 4. 0 Ah rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides up to 25 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime
- MAINTENANCE-FREE: No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- DURABLE: 2-blade high-impact, low-temperature paddle auger throws snow up to 20 feet and cuts a 10 inch x 6 inch path
- We’ve got you covered! : your new snow blower is backed by the Snow Joe + sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant New powered products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked. Contact Snow Joe + sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
Here are some other great alternatives
Cordless Snow Shovels are perfect to take with you
Here are a few of the reasons why cordless snow shovels are a good idea to keep in your vehicle in case of a winter storm.
- They are maintenance-free. No cords, gas, repairs, etc…
- Lightweight, most weigh just 10-15 pounds
- They can easily throw snow up to 25 feet, making clearing any path easy
- Each battery charge provides 45-60 minutes of run-time
Considerations for a snow thrower to keep in your car
When you are thinking about keeping a snow thrower in your car, here are a few things to keep in mind as you choose the right one.
- Make sure it is compact enough to easily fit in your vehicle
- Be sure to keep a charged battery at all times
- Be sure it is a cordless model, not one that needs to be plugged in